Friday, February 6, 2009

Beauty Buzz: Best Hair Products

Inspired by new haircut, I have decided to dust off my shelf stacked full of hair products. I am a sucker for trying anything. Even though I have a hair product for everyday of the year, only a few get used regularly. These products get full credit for bringing bounce, shine, texture, and curl to my complimented hair. Truley though, thanks to my beautiful mother, genetics has blessed me with hold any style, thick, wavy locks. With that said,even I still wake up with unruly, frizzy, mophead most days. So these all stars help revive me from frump to diva. This one's for you Mom!


Best Leave-In Conditioner:
This has been my staple longer than any other product in the bunch. It's my hair's blankie!! It is really light so it doesn't weigh down my hair but it gives a decent amount of control. Plus, it has micro light reflectors so it's adds great shine. This is the product that travels with me where ever I go! If I don't have time for a blowdry, I put this on and it helps keep my hair smooth and frizz free. It is a great base for cocktailing other products as well. This wins the oldy-but-goody award!




Like I said earlier, I have super dry which au naturale means dull hair! I often have to cocktail products to get the results I am looking for. Regardless, of my look, I am always in need of a little shine. I have tried a few serums in my day. Most of them are too oily, slippery, or heavy on my hair. I need something I can apply daily without all the drama. I think this product does a good job at sealing in shine without overdoing it. However, I must say I almost always use this gloss on my hair when it's wet. I think the moisture helps disperse the product a little more evening than when I apply it to my dry hair. I also love this product mixed with the GW Leave in Conditioner. These two products are my must have foundation for a good blowout. Plus, like most Aveda products, the Brilliant line has an amazing aroma! (Don't confuse this with the Spray-On Shine! Totally Different)


I have tried a ton of pomade style products. I must be deficient of some skill with these stylers. I always end up with clumps, sticky pieces, and often times hair looking like the scence from Something about Mary! I had given up completely on these until my hairdresser forced this one on me! It was instant love! This product is amazing! It isn't sticky or tacky at all. It starts off creamy and seems to go on dry(or at least dryer than most). I just warm a little in my hand and smooth it on my ends or little face curls. Instantly I have shine, control, and touchable perfection! I have given this product as gifts to many a girl friend! This is a great hair styling staple.


Best Everyday Hairspray: Aveda Air Control
Maybe it's because I grew up using Aqua Net but I love aerosol hairsprays! I find the other alternative is usually sticky, too firm, has a smaller spray radius, and the nozzle always get plugged up. I need daily control without the stiff side effect of a strong product. I truley fell in love when Aveda created this hairspray! In fact I use it so much people often think it's aroma is my perfume! It does smell great! But, besides that it gives amazing touchable hold that is perfect for my mommy agenda. It comes out dry so it NEVER gets sticky. It sets a style but allows movement to control the look. It even seems to build up hold with more application. This isn't a setting hairspray. If you need mega hold this probably isn't your best bet. But the greatest aspect of this product is that it has "NET-ZERO effects on the earth's climate". So no guilty conscience with using an aerosol and junkies like me can go nuts!

Best Scalp Soother: Bumble and Bumble Tonic Lotion
Dry hair = dry scalp. I usually give myself a peanut oil treatment every other week, but that leaves my hair pretty oily for a couple days. This product is great for in between treatments. It helps sooth any tightness I get on uber dry days! It has tea tree oil in it so it helps keep my scalp healthy, hydrated and flake free; which really is the foundation for good hair! It is also super light so I can use it before a blowdry or even with dry hair without weighing it down. It's a great alternative to some of the more intense scalp treatments out there. Plus, this is a great refresher for those shampoo skipping days! It helps to revive your hair and the products already on your hair. If desired and applied a little heavy this gives you a nice natural "Kate" wave. This is a great versatile product.


Best Overall Mommy Hair Product:
Finally, a product you don't have to think about! This guy does the thinking for you! Unlike the Be Curly Curl Enhancer, this is a finishing product meant to be applied to hair when dry. It's given job is to help reduce frizz and revive curls. It definatly revives! It's my hair's first cup of coffee after a long night with the kids! This cream helps me look polished on those mornings when getting ready isn't really an option. A little goes a long way! It smooths my flyaways and gives bounce and slight wave to my ends. It lets me pretend that I did just blowout my hair when in reality I just changed a few diapers! When I diffuse my hair this is a great product to give that final defination to my curls. It's light, easy to work with, smells yummy, and carrys well in my bag. I love this product! It helps me keep my self-confidence, time, and ability to multi-task in check! I know you will love this too!


These are my most loyal everyday stylers! I know there is a whole big world of new and improved products waiting to date me. I am currently testing a few mouses and gels for those curly hair days. I will keep you posted on any upcoming hair product romances! Until then, I hope you and your hair enjoy these stand out stylers!

No comments:

Post a Comment